Maintaining Data Privacy and Data Protection is a priority for Patient Choice Ltd (which incorporates the following group subsidiary; Patient Choice Direct Limited
Any questions relating to Data Privacy with Patient Choice Ltd or this Policy should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
, or by writing to Patient Choice Ltd, Warren House, Main Road, Hockley SS5 4QS
Alternatively, you can call our Data Protection Officer on 01823 246800
What personal Information is held?
We may collect and process the following data from you:
- Information you consent to provide Patient Choice Ltd that is required to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us, or potential contracts that may be in liaison between you and us.
- Information that you consent to provide by filling in forms on our website, or as part of any direct marketing or sales activities. This includes and is not limited to personal information about you such as your name, telephone contact number, geographical address/location, email address and interests.
Note: Clear consent information is supplied at point of collection to provide information on the use of data; and a record of the consent is taken at point of collection.
- If you contact us by telephone or in writing, we may keep a copy of your correspondence or communication for record purposes.
If you have provided us with the personal data of another person, there is a clear requirement imposed by Patient Choice Ltd for you to confirm that he/she consents to the processing of his/her personal data and that you have informed him/her of our identity as a Data Controller and the nature of the processing taking place.
Records will be retained as evidence of this consent.
How will we use the information we hold about you?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Performance of a contract
– We use information held about you to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us; and to notify you about changes to our services.
– We use information held about you to provide you with information, products and/or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you if relevant to the products or services currently being supplied as part of a contract with Patient Choice Ltd, or in relation to a previous contract with Patient Choice Ltd whereby you are happy to continue to receive such information.
Consent (Direct Marketing)
– We use information held about you to provide you with information on products and/or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. Where consent has been provided to Patient Choice Ltd, it is a recognised right of the Data Subject that this consent can also be withdrawn.
Should you wish to withdraw consent, please email email@example.com, or by writing to – Patient Choice Ltd, Patient Choice Ltd, Warren House, Main Road, Hockley SS5 4QS
Alternatively, you can call our Data Protection Officer on 01823 246800.
We will not share your data with third parties for other marketing purposes unless we have your express consent to do so.
Your rights relating to Personal Data and UK GDPR
You have the right to ask us to cease processing your personal data for marketing purposes. We will seek consent (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your data to any third party for such purposes. You can also exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UK GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised at any time. Patient Choice Ltd operates both a Data Subjects Rights procedure and a Subject Access Rights Procedure to ensure that all rights exercised by data subjects relating to personal data are managed appropriately.
From time to time, our website may contain links to and from our strategic partner(s), partner network(s), strategic sponsor(s), advertiser(s), and affiliate(s). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Retention of your information
We take appropriate measures to ensure that any information collected from you is kept secure.
Patient Choice Ltd operates a clear Records Management and Retention policy and associated Retention Schedule to ensure personal data is kept only for so long as is necessary for the purpose for which such information is used.
We retain your records in accordance with UK legislation for the specific service provided.
If any of your personal data changes, or if you have any questions about how we use data which relates to you, please contact us by email at email@example.com. We normally update your personal data within seven (7) working days of any new or updated personal data being provided to us, to ensure that the personal data we hold about you is as accurate and up to date as possible.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, strategic partner(s), or strategic sponsor(s) our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
As part of our UK GDPR compliance obligations, we are duty bound to check when personal data may be shared with third parties to ensure that they apply the same or greater controls in terms of data protection. The use of non-disclosure agreements form part of our third-party data sharing controls.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply other agreements; or
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Patient Choice Ltd, our customers, or others.
Patient Choice Ltd has risk assessed where personal information may be transferred outside the UK. As part of our own due diligence, we have identified that personal data held for and by Patient Choice Ltd group may reside in the UK. Patient Choice Ltd will continue to monitor this for Patient Choice Ltd group considering any 3rd party provider changes in the future. Should a requirement for data to be transferred outside of the UK in future, Patient Choice Ltd group will implement controls and safeguards to ensure that equal to or greater data protection measures are enforced, and records retained to evidence this, in line with current UK GDPR regulations.
National Data Opt-Out programme
The national data opt-out is a service that allows patients to opt out of their confidential patient information being used for research and planning.
The national data opt-out was introduced to enable patients to opt out from the use of their data for research or planning purposes, in line with the recommendations of the National Data Guardian. By 2020 all health and care organisations are required to be compliant with the national data opt-out policy, where confidential patient information is used for research and planning purposes.
Patient Choice Ltd is not currently engaged in routine activities that involve processing of patients’ data for purposes not involved in their direct care. This statement therefore acts as a backstop in the event that should such processing occur in the future, a mechanism exists to ensure that those patients who wish to opt out will have their wishes respected where this is not already anonymised.
Our ICO registration number is XXXXXXX